Thursday 8 November 2012

Keratosis Pilaris

Keratosis Pilaris - also known as Chicken skin


Is a common,  condition that is manifested by the appearance of rough, slightly red, bumps on the skin. It most often appears on the back and outer sides of the arm (though the forearm can also be affected), and can also occur on the thighs, hands, and tops of legs, sides, buttocks, or any body part except glabrous skin (like the palms or soles of feet).Often the lesions will appear on the face, which may be mistaken for acne .


MY CASE 

I have Keratosis Pilaris but I just call it chicken skin because its easier to pronounce .LOOL .In my case my one is manifested on the back of my arms .It usually gets worse during winter days , usually summer you can´t barely see it . Most people have because its in their genes like me I got after my dad and also my older brother as it aswell in the same place as me . I was very uncomfortable with it when I got in my teens as I realised it wasnt very attractive but I´ve learned to be more confident with myself and not get to stressed about something that is so insignificant as this but like any other girl I care about my appearance so I´ve leraned to live with it ( Im talking like its a diseases , fornately its not ).

Usually during hot terms I don´t use any kind of treatment on it because you can´t really seet it .I guess the sun is best treatment for it .But during Winter I scrub it twice a week with THE AVENE GENTLE PURIFYING SCRUB .

Here is some of the information of the products .

The Gentle Purifying Scrub has been specially formulated to cleanse sensitive skin in depth by gently eliminating all impurities.

Its exfoliating micro-beads, selected for their extreme tolerance, provide an effective yet gentle scrub.

Their action is completed by a keratoregulating agent which stimulates skin cell's renewal.

This synergy promotes gentle elimination of dead cells and minor skin imperfections.

The mild and gel-like texture prevents from skin dryness and leaves a pleasant feeling of comfort.

When used before facial mask or moisturising cream application, the scrub improves the penetration of active ingredients and refines the skin texture, leaving it once again healthy and radiant-looking. 

It´s a great product and I recommend it to everyone out there even if you don´t have chicken skin this scrub is appropriate for anyone with sensitive skin also its good for acne and scars as it gets rid of impurities and dead cells giving you a more radiant skin .Avene products can be quite pricy but they always worthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment